By Palwasha Khan
Aren’t parched lips hella glamorous? No? We feel your pain. As much as we love the crisp winds in winter, like all pleasurable encounters, it has its side effects – chapped lips being one of them.
To help you out with lip trouble this chilly winter (trust us, we are in the same boat as you for this one), we came up with a list of products that can do wonders for that pout.
- Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy: This product by Vaseline is going to make your life easier, since it not only prevents lips from becoming chapped; it also gives them a rosy tint negating the need for lipstick if you have forgotten to carry one in your handbag.
- Maybelline Baby Lips: This Chap Stick comes in a variety of colours and flavours which sort of let you pick the one you think suits you best. It keeps the lips hydrated all day and its effects last for up to 8 hours – plus it really smoothens out your lips in a week.
- This little home remedy can help you achieve soft lips. All you need to do is mix glycerin with rose water in a jar and apply at night daily or even in the mornings as required. Within two weeks your lips should stop flaking and become well nourished.
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Lip Care: With an SPF of 15, not only does this solve your dry lip problems, the SPF keeps your lips protected from UV rays and doesn’t let their natural color become darker.
Image Source: thebodyshop.com
- Make a sugar scrub to exfoliate the skin! This little DIY home remedy saves your lips and keeps them from flaking out! Take half a teaspoon of sugar and add 2 – 3 drops of any oil to it (olive oil tends to work great with this). Scrub your lips gently with the mixture for a minimum of 3 to 5 minutes. Once done, apply a lip balm after wiping of the sugar scrub with a dry cloth – do not wash off with soap and water.
Try these little suggestions to keep your lips from flaking but remember one thing no matter what you apply on the outside – if you aren’t well hydrated in the winters and drinking at least a minimum of 2 – 3 liters of water a day your lips will keep drying out! So make sure you keep yourself full on that H2O!