By Saira Noorani
This year makeup is all about flawless, glowing skin, however, what we realised a long time ago is that our beauty look is probably as short-lived as the Pakistani winters. The humidity has our makeup is sliding off in the first couple of minutes out of the house. So how does one combat this heat? Our beauty editor tells us all!
- To get airbrushed skin that will last for 16 hours, it is not always about the products you use but your technique and your tools. Invest in brushes, the original beauty blender, and take time to apply your products.
- Whether you are using the most expensive primer and moisturiser, or a local drugstore brand, if you do not allow time for your moisturiser and primer to sink in before you apply foundation and concealer, your base will oxidise and separate from your face. I would advise to leave the moisturiser on for 2-3 minutes, and the primer on for at least 60 seconds.
- You do not need to apply layers and layers of makeup, spot treat your problem areas by pressing and dabbing with your fingers rather than rubbing it onto the area. If you press and rub and work the product in it will stay for longer. Once your problem areas are concealed, you only require a little foundation. By only applying a light layer, the product will not settle into fine lines and pores and it won’t split with the humidity.
Use long lasting makeup
- Long lasting foundation and liquid lipstick goes without saying, but next time you’re doing up your face make sure to use a powdered product for your blush and contour as opposed to a cream based one.
- Fill your eyebrows in with a powder that will hold in the summer heat.
- Curl your lashes with a lash curler and apply waterproof mascara. If you use waterproof mascara after you curl your lashes it will keep the hold.
Set your skin
This buffing technique is used to set everything into perfection:
- Use a loose powder and tap it onto the under-eye area for one minute (not any longer as it will start to look cakey).
- Then swirl a fluffy buffing brush into your pressed powder, and go over the entire face in a circular motion. This will give you a flawless airbrushed look, and if you moisturised correctly it will not look dry and cakey.
- Set your makeup with a setting spray.
Throughout the day use oil blot sheets, or a primer on any shiny areas.