Never one to shy away from big labels and bold trends, Sonam Kapoor has yet again turned the Cannes red carpet into her own private runway. Be it a traditional saree or a bell-shaped gown, this raven-haired beauty rocks everything she wears! The mantra this fashionista swears by? “The best way to bring your A-game on the red carpet is to be yourself.”
We take a look at some of her most memorable looks over the years.
1. Classic Indian fashion is what really makes Sonam shine. Making her first big appearance during this year’s Cannes Film Festival, the Neerja star stunned in a futuristic blue and black Rimzim Dadu saree. Letting the sculpted creation do all the talking, she added jewels from Suhani Pittie, on-trend blue liner and fuchsia lips.
2. Kapoor put everyone else in the shade wearing this sheer, flesh coloured Anamika Khanna saree with intricate gold embroidery. The outfit was perfectly accented with a gorgeous pearl and gold choker, designed by her mother Sunita Kapoor, and matching sandals. (2014)
3. Bringing major drama to Cannes, the actress stole the show in an architectural Ralph and Russo couture gown. Between the hypnotic electric shade of blue and theatrical silhouette, this was a tricky look to pull off, but Kapoor carried it off with aplomb. The enviably glossy tresses, Chopard jewels and coral lip take it to the next level. (2015)
4. Sonam was a vision of femininity in white lace separates, paired with ballet-pink cropped trench at the Burberry Menswear’s Spring/Summer 2016 show. Soft curls, tan sandals and a deep oxblood lip completed her knockout look. (2015)
5. Once again taking center stage at Cannes, Kapoor oozed sophistication in a voluminous Dolce & Gabbana. The floral dress was teamed with her trademark way locks; pumps encased with the same rose print as her gown and an elegant Sunita Kapoor necklace. (2013)
6. Talk about movie-star glamour! We’re in awe of this black Ralph & Russo skirt and cape, buoyed up with floral detailing. That breathtaking multi-coloured Bvlgari necklace perfectly reflects the softer hues of Sonam’s jacket. (2015)
7. As styled by Sonam, the traditional lehenga comes across as anything but staid. This dove-gray Shehla Khan creation paired with a sheer lace dupatta made our jaws drop! That Chopard necklace is just the icing on the cake. (2013)
8. Ashi Studio’s delightful high-low gown with geometric fern-like embroidery was the perfect blend of timeless elegance and modern whimsy. We adore the on-trend off-the-shoulder silhouette,mixed with the asymmetrical effect of the voluminous skirt. A hot fuchsia lip added further punch. (2015)