3 Beginner Workouts to Shed Post Pregnancy Bulge
Congratulations and welcome to motherhood!
Beginning a new phase of womanhood doesn’t mean you will have to live with your pregnancy gains forever. Here are 3 workouts that are easy to perform and can be squeezed into any time of the day. You are advised to consult your doctor before starting any exercise post pregnancy.
The Easy Kegels
Targets: Pelvic muscles
- Sit on a bench or a hard couch with your feet placed shoulder-width apart and put your hands on your hips. Work your pelvic muscles, contracting them as if you’re trying to stop urinating. And stand.
- Hold your Kegel muscles tightly and then seat yourself on the bench again.
- Perform 1-3 sets of 10-20 reps.
Target: Hamstrings and butt
- Lie face up on the mat with your knees bent, feet placed flat on the floor and with your arms resting by your side.
- Engage your core and lift your butt off the floor, pressing the heels by your sides.
- Kegel for three seconds at the top of the bridge and slowly lower your body down. Release Kegel when your back touches the mat.
- Perform, 1-3 sets of 10-20 reps.
Target: Abs and legs
- Position yourself on the mat with your knees bent at 90 degrees, legs straight in the air and calves placed parallel to the floor
- Place your hands behind your head, elbows poking out and crunch up and shoulders lifted off the mat
- Raise your legs up diagonally, ankles crosses and extend arms overhead. In this position switch your feet over and under for 9 times.
- Begin from the workout from start
- Perform 8 reps