Eyelash Extension Questions Answered
From mascara to fake lashes and now eyelash extensions the eyelash world has surely revolved. If you plan on getting those eyelashes done then here are the 6 most common questions answered.
Will your original lashes fall out?
We hear so many horror stories regarding oh once you get those extensions you may lose your real eyelashes too. Well, here’s the thing all those stories are forged. “Your eyelash extensions should not make your natural lashes fall out any faster than they would on their own. Like all hairs on the body, your lashes follow a growth cycle,” says Weisenburger.
Will your original lashes be damaged?
It all depends where you get them done from. Now if you buy a pair of trainers from a flea market and except the quality to be like Nike then that’ll be wrong. “Be sure to go to a certified lash artist who knows how to do lashes correctly,” says Weisenburger. “A properly trained and experienced eyelash extension artist will not damage your lashes.”
Can you use mascara?
Firstly, I’d like to question you why do you need to wear mascara? Secondly, if you do then yes, you may use mascara, however, be specific over what kind of mascara. Mascara can be worn if its water based or specifically formulated for lash extensions.
How long does the process take?
The initial appointment can take anywhere from one to two hours depending on the style and volume desired.
How often do you need to get it redone?
There is no need to get your lashes removed and redone. Natural lashes grow and shed with your natural hair cycle.
How to maintain healthy lash extensions?
Conditioning serums are great to use while wearing lash extensions and also for people who just want to get their natural lashes in better shape.
Here are few lash don’ts
- Extensions should only be attached to the natural lash, not the skin, and be applied one strand at a time.
- Applying extensions that are too heavy for the natural lash will result in premature shedding.
- Rubbing your eyes will result in immediate breakage. This is actually the worst thing you can do. Try to be as gentle as you can with your eyes.
- Don’t wash your eyes or shower within 24 hours of application.
- Don’t remove extensions yourself.