Recipe For Sweet Hot Mustard Chicken Thighs.
No matter cliche this meat it is still the best and one of the most consumed. There are probably a billion chicken dishes that have been created, that too in various forms.
But today’s recipe is about a delicious snack that anyone make just by following these simple instructions. You will love the way chicken thighs are prepare here.
- 8 large bone-in, skin on chicken thighs.
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar.
- 1/4 red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grounded chipotle pepper
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper, for taste.
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion sliced, into rings
- 2 teaspoon vegetable, (or as needed).
- Make two slits cross-wise on each chicken thigh with a sharp knife, cutting into the bone. Cuts should be at least 1 inch apart. Put thighs in a resealable plastic bag.
2) In a bowl mix: Dijon mustard, brown sugar, red wine vinegar, mustard powder, salt, black pepper, ground chipotle pepper an cayenne pepper, until smooth. Whisk garlic in the mixture.
3) Pour the marination made in the bag with the chicken thighs, massage the marinade into chicken making sure you cover all sides, the marinade should reach inside the cuts made. Seal the bag and place the chicken in the fridge for 4 hours. (overnight will better flavor).
4) Preheat the oven for 230 degrees C, move the rack in the center of the oven, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and oil it a little bit.
5) Spread onion rings on the baking sheet and put the chicken on top of the rings. Brush some vegetable oil on it.
6) Let the chicken thighs and onion rings cook for 35-45 minutes, until the meat is the tender and the juiced clear.
7) Transfer the chicken thighs and onion rings onto a platter. Pour pan drippings into a saucepan, bring to boil and stir.
8) Finally, use a spoon to put drippings on the chicken thigh and onion rings and serve.
Hope you enjoy this recipe!