Recipe For Gingerbread Man.
Winter holidays are just around the corner, so why not start with baking every child’s favorite holiday snack; the gingerbread cookies.
These cookies can also be made in a variety of flavors and you can decorate them with colorful icings, which is something kids will really enjoy doing too.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ginger ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened.
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a large bowl mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt and set it aside. Beat butter, brown sugar in a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed until its light and fluffy, add in the molasses, egg and vanilla extract and mix them well.
- Slowly beat in flour to the mixture on low speed until well mixed. Then press the dough like mixture into a thick flat disk. Wrap it in a plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Roll the dough till its 1/4 inch in thickness on lightly floured counter. Cut the dough with a 5 inch cookie cutter into gingerbread man shapes on ungreased baking sheet. Make sure to place them 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until the cookies are set or are just beginning to brown in color.
- Let them cool on the baking sheets for about 2 minutes, when they have cooled down remove them from the sheet and start decorating the cookies with colorful icing and toppings.
Enjoy these yummy classic Christmas snack!