- Q) Who is Faizan Sheikh in a nutshell?
A: I am a very family-oriented guy, I was brought up in Karachi, did my O’ levels, then A’ levels and later I graduated from Media Sciences from Szabist. I started working for the TRG resource group, and after that, I started a theater. I have 1 elder brother and 1 younger brother and 1 younger sister.
- Q) How would you describe your role in Heer Maan Ja?
A: I played a negative character for the very first time, so it was quite exciting for me. I have always been playing comic characters, kind of positive one, so yeah, it was a new experience for me.
- Q) What qualities do you feel a successful actor should have?
A: I think a successful character becomes successful when he/she knows their work, you must know your craft, and you need to be very good with acting. As I am from a theater background, I think you shouldn’t be monotonous, every work should be different from the other.
- Q) What inspired you to become an actor?
A: My mom – Parveen Akber, because I have seen her acting since my childhood until my A’level, I had no plans for acting, but after doing theater, I changed my mind.
- Q) What do you enjoy the most, modeling or acting?
A: Acting definitely. I have also done hosting a show for the past 4 years, so after acting, the thing I love the most is hosting.
- Q) Your fashion statement?
A: Your fashion statement should be the thing you can carry easily. It should be anything; a plain white tee, a simple shirt, or anything you are comfortable with, you can make a statement out of it.
- Q) Since when have you been associated with Pakistan’s media industry?
A: It’s been 7 years now I have been associated with the media industry, I joined theater in 2012.
- Q) How do you manage work-life balance?
A: It’s not easy. But since there are 3 actors in our family we understand and make it work.
- Q) Where do you see yourself in the next five years?
A: I see myself as a better actor, a better brand, and moreover a better Pakistani.
- Q) What are your thoughts on women empowerment?
A: I am big for empowerment, not just for women, but for men, kids, and everyone because a society grows better when everyone gets equal rights and empower each other.